Frequently Asked Questions

Anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony, did not serve any time in a state prison, and has completed their probation in its entirety (i.e., paid all fines, completed all counseling sessions, attended all mandatory court hearings, etc.) is eligible for expungement.

Any person who is currently charged, is currently on probation, is currently serving a sentence, was convicted in a federal court, or was convicted of a specific sex crime (i.e., sodomy with a child, lewd acts with a child, oral copulation with a child, and statutory rape) is not eligible for expungement. There are other ways to get relief. Contact us for more information.

If you served time in State prison for a crime that would have allowed them to serve their time in county jail under Proposition 47 (which passed in 2011), you may still be eligible for expungement. Contact us to petition the court for relief under California Penal Code 1203.42 PC.

You may petition the court after six months if your expungement is denied.

If you are ineligible for expungement under California Penal Code 1203.4 PC, you may be able to petition for a Certificate of Rehabilitation or a Governor’s Pardon. Contact us for more information.

Yes, however, sealing and or destroying arrest records is a different process than expunging criminal records. Contact us if you wish to pursue sealing and destroying arrest records.

Every case is different, but generally, an expungement case can take anywhere from two to four months to complete.

Scroll to Top